Amp-O-Matic is a virtual emulation of a typical electric guitar set-up, to be run on the Chameleon platform. Version 1.0 consists of a complete guitar amplifier chain and includes several pre-amplifier models, equalizer, power amplifiers and several speaker cabinet models.
On top of this, there are two monophonic 'pedal' style FX before the amp and three independent stereo FX after the amp. All these components can be combined in multiple ways to process a clean and dry guitar input sound to produce a wide range of classic sounds from clean, transparent voicings to loud and distorted screams, wah wahs, reverberated delays, phased Jimi Hendrix sounds and more.
It is also ideal for processing other sounds sources, from creating speaker effects and other sound design duties to agressive vocals and drum loops, dirty rhodes sounds and more.
Additionally, as all components in the system can be turned on or off, it could be used as an FX tool, or with a real speaker cab set up only as a virtual pre-amp, or vice versa, depending on your specific needs.
Amp-O-Matic V1.0, with User guide ;-
The Amp-O-Matic User guide is available seperatly.
- 16 pre-amp models (both tube and solid state modelling)
- 3 equalisation models (Vintage, Modern and Parametric)
- 4 power-amp models (both tube and solid state modelling)
- 15 speaker cabinet models
- Special noise reduction algorithm
- Extensive signal routing capabilities, including classic pre-configured routings
- Built-in chromatic tuner with +/- 3 cents accuracy and a 440hz reference adjustable sharp and flat between 416-460 Hz
- Input and output signal meters with clipping indicators
- New and handy Quick Mixer mode for effortless mix balance
- Tempo sync (internal, external and tap) for the time-based effects and built-in metronome
- Up to 5 simultaneous effects (2 mono and 3 stereo) optimised for specific-guitar processing, including:
- Wah-Wah (manual, envelope or LFO with tempo sync)
- 18 Realtime controllers: 9 pre-assigned to most common amp parameters (Volume, Gain, Presence, EQ, etc), and 9 more can be assigned to any of the front panel Realtime controller pots to control virtually any internal parameter for hands on control and performance duties
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation
- You can assign the standard MIDI Expression controller (number 11) to virtually any effect parameter
- Flexible system parameter configuration
- 128 user presets to store effect combinations permanently
- Factory bank with 64 presets included
- Compare preset function
The following sound samples demonstrate some of the capabilities of Amp-O-Matic v1.0. These are recorded directly from a electric guitar (through a D.I. Box) / a wurlitzer keyboard / a drum machine connected to the Chameleon. Many of the unprocessed and processed sounds can be heard and compared.
The processed sound was recorded from the Chameleon output, and the unprocessed sound was recorded at the same time. The resulting wav files were finally encoded in mp3 whithout further processing.
- Guitar - 80s Rock (338Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Brown Phaser (399Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Clean Short Delays (219Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Clean Tremelo (443Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Cliffs (195Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - D Tuned (515Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Latin Solo (173Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Scooped Rhythm (196Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Overdrive + Flanger (387Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Warm Chorus (486Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Texas Tone (117Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Wah Riff (340Kb, .MP3)
These next examples include other instruments and you can also hear the dry, unprocessed versions
- Guitar - Wes Bop (dry) (286Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Wes Bop (289Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Lets Surf (dry) (643Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Lets Surf (637Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Going Blue (dry) (286Kb, .MP3)
- Guitar - Going Blue (285Kb, .MP3)
- 5th Keys (dry) (218Kb, .MP3)
- 5th Keys Hi-NRG-lead (218Kb, .MP3)
- Funk Keys (dry) (353Kb, .MP3)
- Funk Keys Biting Room (353Kb, .MP3)
- House Drums (dry) (164Kb, .MP3)
- House Drums Sly Amp (164Kb, .MP3)
- House Drums Slo Mojo (164Kb, .MP3)