Chromasonic is a professional multi-effects processor skin for the Chameleon.
With Chromasonic loaded, the Chameleon becomes a powerful workhorse multi-effects processor for use at the heart of the studio or live rig. It boasts flexible routing, crisp, clean reverbs and a host of industry standard features and effects.
Chromasonic V1.11, with User guide ;-
The Chromasonic User guide is available seperatly.
- Three simultaneous audio effects, comprising:
- Two-tap Delay
- 5 band Parametric Equaliser
- Noise Gate
- WahWah (manual, envelope, LFO with tempo sync)
- 4-voice Pitch Shifter
- Tempo Sync (external MIDI or internal with auto-detect) for all time-based effects, with tap-tempo control.
- Enhanced saving and storing mechanism with reset/compare/name copy functions.
- Assignable front-panel realtime controllers for performance control of almost any internal parameter: 9 per preset (3 sets of 3) with two operating modes (catch or free). Realtime Controllers can send MIDI controller data for effortless recording of parameter changes.
- Input level and global wet/dry mix always controllable from the realtime controllers for instant access.
- Assignable Expression controller to almost any effect parameter.
- Input, Output and Gain Reduction signal meters (for dynamics FX types only).
- Multiple, flexible routing configurations between the effects - series, parallel, dual mono configurations - creating endless permutations.
- 128 user presets with factory bank of 64 widely varied presets ready for use.
- Comprehensive MIDI automation and bulk dumps
These effects were recorded straight from the output of the Chameleon into a computer for compressing to mp3 format. Often the realtime controls on the front panel of the Chameleon were used to shape the FX during the take.
- Drums Dry (234KB, .MP3)
The drumloop used without any processing.
- Drums CryMama (234KB, .MP3)
This preset uses the auto WahWah effect that filters the sound according to its volume level, before adding some delay.
- Drums Empty Venue (234KB .MP3)
Ambient reverb that emulates a large, empty concrete room.
- Drums Metal Scrape (234KB .MP3)
Uses three very short delays with high feedback to create metallic, twanging quality.
- Drums RTCBPfiltDel (234KB .MP3)
Two of the realtime controllers are set to create a low and high pass filter that have been used to sculpt the frequency spectrum, before going to the delay.
- Sax Dry (272KB .MP3)
The saxophone sample used without any processing.
- Sax 3phase (283KB .MP3)
Three differently timed phase effects fed one into the other creates a subtle and complex evolution of the sound quality.
- Sax Dubspace (377KB .MP3)
This preset uses several delays and a reverb. The realtime controls allow you to adjust the delay settings on the fly.
- Sax PhaseDelTrem (281KB .MP3)
This effect adds depth and stereo movement to the sound, while wobbling the volume.
- Sax WobbleWah (290KB .MP3)
With the realtime controllers you really can 'play along' with the sound! Here the speed of the tremolo and LFO based wahwah were tweaked in time with the sax phrases.
- Opera Original (285KB .MP3)
This is the original, unprocessed sound file.
- Opera Reverb (423KB .MP3)
Medium Hall size with a decay time over 5 seconds.
- Opera Cathedral (174KB .MP3)
Long decay time to simulate a large space.
- Opera Special Room (362 KB .MP3)
Small room emulation with stereo placement made by the early reflections.
- Opera Reverb Gated (362 KB .MP3)
Short reverb previously gated.
- Opera Double Voice (360 KB .MP3)
Slighty delayed left channel to get the impression of two voices.
- Opera Delays (427KB .MP3)
Special growing effect playing with the two tap delay algorithm.
- Opera Compressed (356 KB .MP3)
- Opera Limited (356 KB .MP3)
Hard signal limiting to maximize the perceived level; check the waveform!
- Opera Phaser Flanger (355 KB .MP3)
Special sound effect playing with the available phaser and flanger algorithms at a time.
- Entering (340 KB .MP3)
Tiny chorus and tiny flanger.
- Pacific ( 310 KB .MP3)
Large decay-time reverb and big vibrato to create a wet atmosphere.
- Just Reverb (334 KB .MP3)
The default unmodified Chromasonic reverb, no more, no less.
- Winter (270 KB .MP3)
Small delay, smooth reverb and guitar harmonics to create a cold ambience.