RoomVerb M1 has been ported to the Chameleon for Soundart by Spin Audio from their respected VST reverb plug-in. It is a true stereo studio-quality reverb based on their Virtual Room Acoustic modeling techniques that allows the Chameleon to simulate various acoustic spaces from small bath rooms to large halls. Now, the Chameleon can be a high-quality reverb unit too.
There are rooms, plates, halls with up 20 second-long, silky-smooth tails, frequency-dependant decay control, separate output equalizers for early and late reflections, reverb modulation and a library of 100 ready-to-use presets crafted by working studio sound engineers.
Roomverb M1 V1.0 ;-
The FX-Designer User guide (V1.0) is available seperatly.
- Acoustic spaces range from plates and small bathrooms to large halls
- Diffuse control for simulation of irregular room shapes and stereo spread
- Separate mix and pre-delay control of Early and Late reflections
- Relative L/R Shift control
- Reverb tails up to 20 seconds
- Reverb tail modulation
- Comprehensive tone control system that includes separate 2-band shelving equalizers for Early and Late reflections
- Two-band frequency-dependant decay filters
- Detailed level meters
- Bypass, encoder lock and clip indicators
- 100 Ready-to-use presets with a total of 128 user preset locations
The following sound samples demonstrate some of the capabilities of Roomverb M1. These clips were recorded straight from the output of the Chameleon into a computer for compressing to mp3 format.
- Drums Darkverb (220Kb, .MP3)
Nice and smooth, rounded reverb.
- Drums Longverb (220Kb, .MP3)
Same as Dark verb, but now opened up with more highs and a longer tail.
- Drums Slap Dash (112Kb, .MP3)
Slapping effect using the predelay time in the early and late reflections to create stuttering. The late reflections then have a light reverb tail.
- Drums Small Room (112Kb, .MP3)
Subtle spatial effect to add a sense of dimension to the drum loop.
- Drums Tight Room (112Kb, .MP3)
Similar to Small Room but with a tight, sizzly reverb tail on the highs.
- Guitar Dry (104Kb, .MP3)
Guitar with no effect.
- Guitar Concert (192Kb, .MP3)
Mixed in quite quietly, this setting still creates a nice big space on the tail.
- Guitar High Sizzle (248Kb, .MP3)
A long reverb on the guitar, sculpted using the reverbs internal EQ and filters to add sparkle to the top end.
- Guitar Long Dark (408Kb, .MP3)
This time the space has been sculpted to seem like a long, dark tunnel with a long reverb time.
- Guitar Air Hall (192Kb, .MP3)
slightly different type of Hall setting, with more body in the 'air'.
- Vocals Dry (44Kb, .MP3)
Vocals without effect.
- Vocals Delayed Phonebox (112Kb, .MP3)
Phonebox type space and reverb applied to the vocals but with long predelays.
- Vocals Highs (140Kb, .MP3)
Straightforward vocal treatment reverb.
- Vocals Slap Mod (140Kb, .MP3)
Full spatial, but curiously dry echoey setting.